7.15.2009

Mustardy Darcy

Well here is what I think I did.

Mrs. Darcy

The Pattern: Mrs. Darcy by Mary Weaver Find the Pattern on Raverly
The Yarn: Knit Picks City Tweed Heavy Worsted in Lemon Curd

just a little over 4 skeins
Needle size: 9

Started: 6/13
Finished: 6/21

Mrs. Darcy

Body: I hate hate HATE seaming. So I decided to knit the front panels and the back panels together. I cast on 138 sts, placing markers after the first 35 sts and before the last 35 sts. Then worked as one piece until I got to the armholes.

Mrs. Darcy

Armholes: On the RS row knit across until you get to the last four sts before the first marker. BO 8 sts. Continue knitting until you get to the last 4 sts before the marker BO 8 sts. Now the two front panels and the back panel are separated. Using 3 separate balls of yarn continue to knit the 3 pieces at the same time like you would when knitting socks two at a time.

Mrs. Darcy

Shoulders: Leaving the 3 garter trim stitches on each side live, I used a kitchener stitch to join the front panels to the back panels at the shoulder.

Mrs. Darcy

Neck: I wanted the garter trim to continue around the neck. So starting with the 3 garter trim stitch on the left panel, I continued the garter trim while joining it to the neck using a saddle stitch.
On WS: K2, k2tog (last stich of the garter with one stitch from the back panel).
On RS: slip one st from the back panel onto the left needle wyib. K2tog, k2
continue until all of the back panel sts are used.
Then using a kitchener stitch connect with the right panel garter detail.

Mrs. Darcy

The buttons I got are from M&J Trimmings in midtown. They have a large selection of all sorts of beads, ribbons, lace, buttons, etc. I choose blonde unfinished wooden buttons. Oh and I made 5 button holes instead of 3. For spacing I separated each by three garter ridges.

Mrs. Darcy

No comments:

Post a Comment