10.29.2010

Happy Halloween Weekend

Minimalist Cardigan

The Pattern: Minimalist Cardigan by Ruthie Nussbaum Find the Pattern on Raverly
Size: 35 1/2
The Yarn: 11 skeins of Valley Yarns Sugarloaf in Sienna (891.0 yards/814.7m)
Needle size: Size 7/4.5 mm

Started: 10/16
Finished: 10/24

This is another project that has been in my queue for a while. I might wear it like this.

Minimalist Cardigan

Or like this.

Minimalist Cardigan

I wish I made the smallest size, because it came out a little baggier in the shoulders and arms than I'd have liked.

Minimalist Cardigan

I really like the texture of the moss stitch. I'm also really happy with the yarn. I love the color and the squishiness.

Pumpkin Bread

It's pumpkin season, so I made this pumpkin bread recipe that I found on Tasty Kitchen. It makes 2 loaves, I have only been making a half recipe at a time. Partly because J and I won't be able to eat two loaves before they go bad. But mainly because I only have one loaf pan :)

The recipe calls for shortening. Instead I substituted coconut oil and butter. Coconut oil is supposedly very good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment