4.23.2009

Sightless

Poor Monster Bear. He has no eyes.

Monster Bear


He's like Elijah Wood in Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. You know that scene when Jim Carey keeps turning EW around to figure out who he is, but EW is faceless? Monster Bear is just like that.

Sort of.

Monster Bear


Don't worry though, Kogepan is comforting him.

Monster Bear is one of nine projects that I haven't completed.

WIP


I have 6 WIPs. Some I haven't even gotten around to taking pictures of.

Hibernating


And 3 projects that are in hibernation and may never be resurrected.

But Monster Bear is almost done!

I just have to get off my lazy butt and buy him some eyes, but I don't know where I should get them. Where in Manhattan do you buy eyes?

I'd like to get some like this:

Suncatcher Eyes



These are from Suncatcher Eyes. I would order from them, but I currently only need one pair. So until I set my sights (he hee) on another project that needs eyes I think Monster Bear will have to go without.

Monster Bear



Pattern: 'Little Monster Bear' by Wendy Gross Find Pattern on Raverly
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Merino in Dark Grey and Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Mulled Wine, less than half a ball of each.
Needles: US 10

Started: January 20
Finished: January 21

Monster Bear was a really quick knit. The pattern called for a sz 10 needle, but if I were to make this again I'd use a smaller size. Even with the felting the stitches pull apart too much and reveal the stuffing.

On one arm I made a grey stripe for fun. I think that he turned out pretty cute.

If only he could see.

No comments:

Post a Comment