7.25.2011

Heads and Hands

I had a lot of time off in Dec and Jan so I made hat and mitten sets for Megan and Anna.
Ear Cozies and Mittens
The Hat Pattern: Ear Cozies (CH-34) by Bev Galeskas
Hat Sizes: Large for Megan Raverly Project Page and Medium for Anna Raverly Project Page

The Mitten Pattern: Kathy's Mittens by Chris de Longpré
Mitten Sizes: Preschool for Megan Raverly Project Page and Toddler for Anna Raverly Project Page

The Yarn: 1 skein of Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Baby in Berrylicious and 1 skein each of Caron Simply Soft Party Black Sparkle and Purple Sparkle
Needle size: US 9

Started: 1/5/11
Finished: 1/14/11

I really like the ear cozie pattern. It has two versions the pointed and rounded. I made the pointed for Anna in the past, so I used the rounded this time and added pom poms.
Anna's Ear Cozie and Mittens
I wanted the sets to be similar, but not identical. So for the body of Anna's mittens and hat I used a polka dot pattern.
Anna has the hat on backwards in this picture. When it is turned around the cozies fit over her ears better.

Anna's Ear Cozie and Mittens
Then for Megan I did stripes. Hmmm Megan has her hat on backwards too, I can see the seam O_o
The mitten pattern was relatively easy to follow. The only modification I made was lengthening the cuffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment