11.17.2009

Rani Satchel

Rani Satchel

The Pattern: Rani by Katherine Matthews Find the Pattern on Raverly
The Yarn: Knit Picks Palette in Berry Blast (this is my kool-aid dyed yarn)approx. 1/4 of a skein
Needle size: 0

Started: 9/11
Finished: 9/27

Rani by Katherine MatthewsPattern & images © 2009 Katherine Matthews of Purl Diving. Contact Katherine

When I saw this pattern on the Knitty website I fell in love with the pictures. The colors and bead work are really beautiful. I'm not really a wristband wear'in girl, but I just had to knit this pattern.

So I decided to turn this into a bag. Red makes me think of fall leaves and I had extra yarn and beads from the entomology I'm working on. So I thought this would be a perfect peice to make for my fall swap partner.

Rani Satchel

I knit the pattern exactly as directed, using a crocheted provisional cast on. Once I'd joined both edges I had one wristband.

Rani Satchel

I chose one of the openings to be the bottom. Then using 4 dpns I picked up a stitch in every other row. I think it was 56 stitches in all, 14 per dpn. Knit one row. On the next row knit 12 sts then k2tog, you should have 13sts on each dpn now. Repeat these two rows about 7 more times (16 rows in all). Break the yarn and thread through the remaining sts, pulling the opening closed. Weave in ends.

Rani Satchel

The finishing touch is a ribbon threaded through the top part of the bag. The finished size was big enough to hold a candle that was 2 3/4" in diameter.

Overall I'm pleased. If I make this pattern again I'm going to use a contrasting bead color like in the designer's pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment