3.08.2009

Chakra

Chakras

Pattern: 'Chakra' by Alysa Joaquin Find Pattern on Raverly
Yarn: Noro Kureyon in 240 Find Yarn on Raverly about 2/3rds skein and Ella Rae Classic in white 01 Find Yarn on Raverly less than half a ball.
Needles: Knit Pick Circ US 7/4.5 mm

Started: February 1
Finished: February 9

Chakra Top view

Joaquin describes the pattern as:
Inspired by the art of Alex Grey, this hat is decorated with a representation of the crown chakra.

Since the colors of the crown chakra are white and violet I chose a natural white yarn for the main color and a violet colorway for the colorwork.

Chakra modeled by Kogepan

I loved the way this turned out. The pattern includes two variations and was very easy to follow. This was my first colorwork project and my first time using Noro.
I found that the colorwork wasn't as complicated as I'd thought. You just have to remember to keep your knitting loose and to spread out your stitches. This will allow color that you are carrying along to not get too tight, preventing your project from puckering. It also helps to work with a wool or other scaly yarn so that the floats will sticks to itself on the inside.
The Noro yarn is so beautiful. I love how saturated with color some of the areas get. I was concerned about the violet bleeding onto the white when I blocked, but I didn't have any bleeding problems at all.

Chakra modeled by Kogepan
I love Kogepan

The only modification I made was to omit the duplicate stitching. I didn't like the way it look on other projects and since I was using a multicolored yarn I didn't see the need.

For any first time colorworkers here is a good video tutorial from knitpicks:

No comments:

Post a Comment